The Avenues Mall has been granted the Gold Award for Best Shopping Centre 2013 under the expansion and design category for the MENA region.
Domestic tourism is booming in several countries across the world, particularly during time of distress, said Nabila Al-Anjeri, General Manager of Leaders Group Company for Consultancy and Development.
Kuwaitis constitute only 31 percent of total population in Kuwait, while the rest 69 percent are expatriates, said the Chairperson of Structural Plan Committee at the Municipality Council, Mansoor Al-Khureinij.
Kuwait saw a sharp increase in housing rents this year, says latest statistics.
More than $24bn contracts may be awarded to Kuwait next year, which is double the value of contracts this year, say analysts.
The Kuwait Towers are the most famous landmarks of Kuwait. The Kuwait Towers are situated on the Arabian Gulf Street in Dasman, promontory to east of City Center. The topmost sphere of the largest tower (187 meters in height), has a revolving observation area and a restaurant with access to high speed lifts. The middle tower comprises one million gallons of water. Read More
Pearl Diving: The Kuwayt Annual Pearl Diving festivals help the current generation to experience the hardship and excitement of pearl diving, which their forefathers once experienced. The festivals are a tribute to men who dedicated their lives to the pearling industry. The youngsters prepare in advance for the event by training themselves in sailing and diving, interacting with old divers and experienced captains, and get familiarized with the equipment. Read More
Kuwait, the prototypical oil-rich state, has more than ten percent of the world's
estimated oil reserves, and is a leading exporter of petroleum. Tourists, who look
forward to a relaxed entry into the Muslim world, can enter Kuwait, and wander around souks, mosques and other sandy traces of ancient Bedouin days. But, behind the extravagant
richness, lies the traditional values and warm Arabian hospitality.