Kuwait Local Time

Latest Kuwait News

Farwaniya constitutes largest number of expatriate population

According to results of 2011 census in Kuwait, Farwaniya governorate is home to largest number of expatriates in Kuwait, touching 602,346 in number. Mubarak Al-Kabir is the only governorate to hold a Kuwaiti majority of 0.59percent, in comparison to non-Kuwaiti average of 0.41 percent.


The total population of Kuwait is 3.065,850 as per the initial results of census, with 35.5percent of them being Kuwaitis, constituting 1,089,969 in number. The rest 64.5percent are non-Kuwaitis, touching 1,975,881 in number, according to Central Statistics Office.


The annual population growth average between 2005 and 2011, is about 5.4 percent, constituting 3.3percent Kuwaitis, and 6.7 percent non-Kuwaitis, said Head of Central Statistics Office, Abdullah Sahar.


As for distribution of people across the governorates in Kuwait, Farwaniya Governorate had the largest population of 326,513, while Mubarak Al-Kabir Governorate is the least populated with 258,813.

comments powered by Disqus

Recent Articles

New rule mandates recruitment of Kuwaitis in private sector

Issuance and renewal of driving licenses to go online soon

New rule mandates salary of KD500 or more for visit visas

Longest bridge in the world to be ready this year

Slashing of expat numbers likely to hit economic growth

New decision to stop expat transfer if job title does not match degree

Parents and In-laws allowed three months stay on visit visa

Indian Government defers pre-departure registration for ECNR passport holders

Kuwait plans to slash expat numbers

Kuwait CSC plans to replace expats with nationals in 3140 jobs

 

Top