Kuwait Local Time

Latest Kuwait News

Significant decline witnessed in Kuwait expat population



According to latest statistics issued by Central Statistical Bureau, 73.7 percent of employees in the public sector are Kuwaitis. The report indicates that the total number of employees in public sector is 390,000 out of which, 73.7 percent are nationals, and remaining 26.3 percent are expatriates.

The number of Kuwaiti employees in the public sector has grown by 17 percent, in comparison to their numbers in 2013.

The report also pointed out that there is a huge decrease in the number of expatriates. In the 2017 statistics, although there has been a 1.9 percent growth in expat numbers, the expat growth rate in 2016 was 4.8 percent.

comments powered by Disqus

Recent Articles

Kuwait grants three month expat visit visas for wives and children

Kuwait Ministry restricts Absence Permission on Visas

Visit visas now hold one month validity instead of three months

Silk City to transform Kuwait into International Trade and Finance Hub

Old Kuwaiti Passports invalid from 1st July 18

New Terminal at Kuwait International Airport ready for opening

Kuwait Ministry launches new e-driving license system

Kuwait to begin online renewal of expat residencies from January 2019

Bayan Botanical Garden in Kuwait place to visit for nature lovers

Largest indoor go-karting track to open in new Al Kout Mall

 

Top